Skip to Content

Sexual Offenses Involving a Controlled Substance


New York state law is strict when it comes to sex crimes, especially when a controlled substance is involved. Sexual offenses, depending on their severity, can result in anywhere from 1-25 years in prison. What if you were involved in a sexual offense involving drugs? If you facilitate a sexual offense with a controlled substance, you could be subject to 7 years imprisonment. If you have been accused or suspected of a similar type of sexual offense, you are entitled to certain rights. The New York criminal defense lawyers at Hochheiser & Hochheiser are working to make you aware of your rights and the steps that you should take to avoid a conviction.

New York Code §130.90 addresses the definition and consequences for a sexual offense committed with the use of a substance. The code states that a person can be found guilty of facilitating a sex offense with a controlled substance for several reasons. If you knowingly possess a controlled substance, compound or mixture of a substance with the purpose of committing sexual acts with a non-consenting person, you could be tried for a sexual offense as a Class D felony. If you unlawfully possess drugs or prescription medications and you administer them to another person who is not aware or consenting, it would be a crime to conduct any sexual act with them. This offense, regarded as a Class D felony, could result a minimum of two years imprisonment.

Committing any sex crime that involves illegal or unlawful substances is a Class D felony and considered to be second degree rape. You could be facing severe fines and multiple years of imprisonment. Bouncing back from a sex crime conviction can cause serious strain on your life, relationships, and employment. If you have been accused of a sexual offense involving a controlled substance or any other type of sex crime, it is a serious matter. At Law Offices of Daniel A. Hochheiser, our New York City criminal attorneys will help you evaluate your case and may be able to fight for you. Call us today at (800) 813-9069 or fill out a free online consultation form.

Share To: